Project Hero is designed to unite and empower students utilising a combination of learning strategies covering the different types of learning styles. We do not lecture. We engage participants in an innovative experiential ‘Hero’s Journey’ of storytelling and discovery that enhances communication skills, awakens a sense of community and encourages a greater appreciation of diversity. Using techniques that create empathy and teach strategies to triumph over tough times, we encourage the journey towards self-discovery to unfold. As participants gain clarity as to their strengths and natural abilities, they gain a stronger sense of identity which builds confidence and enhances decision making capabilities.
Download our Workshop PDF (~1.7MB)
This workshop builds a sense of connectedness and appreciation of diversity, positively impacting outcomes by increasing performance and decreasing absenteeism and disengagement.
KEY LEANING OUTCOMES
- Discover their values, link them to their actions, and awaken the heroic traits within;
- Explore their special gifts and talents and create a wishing tree;
- Learn new techniques to build empathy and connect with their peers;
- Gain valuable tips to think more optimistically about the present and future;
- Engage in problem solving thought-provoking scenarios that shift perspective to create a sense of community; and
- Learn how to identify their stress triggers and how to deal effectively and positively with challenges in their lives.